To all who mourn in Israel, He will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair. In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks that the LORD has planted for his own glory. Isaiah 61:3

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

1912 Sailor Dress Mock Up...


Dare I say it?  I don't know if I should as the evil witch of the sewing world may be listening.  Yes, I dare say it.  The bodice for the sailor dress is going sort of well!  I think maybe I will allow myself to get a little excited..


Since I don't have a pattern for this dress, I have decided to mutate the Truly Victorian 1903 plain blousewaist.  I worked for quite a while on it putting pleats where it looked like they were on the original.  Everything looks great, but it is a bit too small....I'll trace the pattern out in 2 sizes bigger so it is a bit more blousey....


I had some Minnie Mouse polka dotted material left over from Mom's corset.  I need to buy some sheets for mock up material...






Front seams look pretty ok... also, I will be dropping the front down a bit more.  The original pattern has the front really low as it is a pouter pigeon front, I whacked it off a bit too much...



Hard to see the back pleats.  I think they will work just fine however.....

Tomorrow, I'll start over with the bigger size.  I pray that the evil witch of sewing land stays away...

No comments:

Post a Comment