To all who mourn in Israel, He will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair. In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks that the LORD has planted for his own glory. Isaiah 61:3

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

1910 Winter Wool Suit in Merlot

This year, I want to make Mom and me winter wool suits.  I have had the idea for a woolen suit in my mind for quite some time, and this is the year for that idea to come to fruition!  I am so excited to begin!!  After researching the internet like the geek I am, pouring over my computer folders of Edwardian fashion, looking through my books on antique clothing, and gazing at Pinterest until my eyes bled, I finally, FINALLY, found the suit that was literally screaming my name!!!  I had already found a fabulous one for Mom, but just couldn't find one that blew up my skirt, until my eyes beheld this wondrous sight from Karen Augusta Auctions.  Be still my wildly palpitating heart!!  And salivary glands, you can cease your salivating while you are at it!!!  Here she is!!!


Wool suit from Karen Augusta Auctions.  Isn't it just fabulous?  


The detail is just delicious!!!


Frogs!  I love frogs!!!


Even the back is divine!!!


The fabrics that chose me to be made into this fabulous suit!  And I mean "chose me" quite literally!!!  The wool on the right, I found at The Idaho Youth Ranch thrift store.  7 yards for $18.00.  Yes, you read that right!!!  I couldn't believe it!  I did my hunters bellow of joy and my victory dance right there in the store!!  The velvet I have had for a long time and will be used for the accents....


This pattern from Rocking Horse Farms pattern company is the one I will be using for the suit!!


This is going to be so much fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment