To all who mourn in Israel, He will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair. In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks that the LORD has planted for his own glory. Isaiah 61:3

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Destruction of Yet Another Hat!!!


If it means the construction of another hat from the 20s?  Heck ya!!!!
Since I had wonderful "luck" with my Ruth's Butter Yellow Tea Dress hat, I thought I'd give the 20s a go...


I simply adore the look and lines of this 20s era cloche!  I have previously made two other cloches, but their brim is much smaller.  This sweet one...I don't know why, but it just makes my heart happy!!  So, I searched and searched for yet another open weave straw hat to cannibalize.  Ebay came to my rescue.  


This beauty is what I found!  And score!!!  Look at those gorgeous poppies in obnoxious red/orange!!!  Yes, they did get added to the Ruth's Butter Yellow Tea Dress hat!  TaDa!!!


This is the result of taking flowers off of the hat.  The ribbon was glued on and I had some issues with removing it that resulted in some damage to the straw...but that was ok.


After about half an hour of picking, cutting and seam ripping, this is what I ended up with!  Yards and yards of lovely open weave millinery straw!!!

Up next....molding and forming a new hat!

No comments:

Post a Comment