To all who mourn in Israel, He will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair. In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks that the LORD has planted for his own glory. Isaiah 61:3

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

We Wear History Celebrates Laura Ingalls Wilder's Birthday!



*Photo Heavy Post*

(Because the models look Faaaaabulous!!!)

Photos by C.W. Photography


So, last Saturday We Wear History put on a fashion show at the Boise Public Library as part of the Laura Ingalls Wilder Birthday Celebration.  Laura was born in 1867 and died in 1957, so I thought it would be cool to highlight the fashion that was worn during the "7" years during her lifetime.  Since I hadn't made a little girls dress for 1867, we started in 1877 and went through to 1957.  It was super fun, the models did a more than incredible job, they looked so beautiful, and the audience loved it!  It is always fun to watch young ladies and gentlemen interact with the ladies after the programs and to watch the ladies as the young ladies call them "princesses"!  Oh how I love these fashion shows!!


Photos during the Fashion Show





Molly wearing an 1877 day dress.




Aubrielle wearing an 1887 Seaside Dress.




Laura wearing an 1897 Walking Dress.




Jackie wearing a 1907 Skating Suit.




Adalea wearing a 1917 Winter Outfit.




Carolita wearing a 1927 Picnic Frock.




Moi wearing a 1937 Fall Suit.




Marilyn wearing a 1947 Velvet Dinner Dress and Cruly Lambs Coat.




Sarah wearing a 1957 Patriotic Dress.




The Fashion Show Lineup!



Photo Shoot on the Bridge





All lined up by era!

L to R:

1957, 1947, 1937, 1927, 1917, 1907, 1897, 1887, and 1877!

So totally fun!!




Having a fun time chatting!




Molly represented a young lady and therefore her skirts were shorter than if she would have been her 2017 age of 16!




Aubrielle was thrilled to be wearing the Sailor Dress!




Laura and the big sleeves of the 1890s.  She is wearing a cameo that belonged to her Grandmother!




This was Jackie's first fashion show! She did a great job!




Adalea thought wearing this era's dress was super fun!




Carolita thought the 1920s parasol was super fun and was delighted that she could open it in the building!




Me.  Wearing 1930s.  Oh, such a different experience!




Marilyn totally rocked the 1940s look!  Her hair and that beret!




Sarah loved wearing the 1950s, she has several dresses from this era in her closet!




Sarah (L) and Laura (M) are sisters.  Molly (R) is Laura's daughter!




Mother and Daughter!




Adalea and Molly, best of friends!




Aubrielle and Marilyn, mother and daughter!




Me with my adopted big sister and niece!!  Love these two!




The "Breakfast Club", (L to R) Carolita, Aubrielle, Jackie and Marilyn.





And now we come to my favorite picture of the day!  My sweet Colton and me!  Thank you my son for taking these wonderful pictures of such a fun day and helping with the moving of the dresses and things!  You are such a trooper and I appreciate you so!!



Well, there you have it!  Images of our fun fashion show day!  Can't wait for the next one!!

Blessings to you all!

g

10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Gina, this was an awesome day!!! What a fun idea to have a dress for each decade. I can't hardly decide which one I like the best; there is something wonderful about each one that I wish could be a part of everyday outfits. :) I reeeeally like the colors of the 1877; the seaside theme of the '87 is STUNNING and a favorite of mine, too!!!; the 1890's is an all-time favorite silhouette/era, so naturally this one was grand; I adore the idea of a skating suit, and the color of the '07 is lovely; I remember when you made the 1917 ensemble and it is as nifty as ever!; I'm not much for the '20s but this cute lady and her parasol are just perfect!!!; your '37 impression is excellent and I think you pull it off splendidly, and you could totally wear this today (minus the hat) and it would look completely appropriate; of course the '40s are always classy (COOL coat!); and the 1957 look was just too cute....again, totally wearable today. If I lived nearby I'd be contacting you to find out how to be a part of the fun! But alas, I am not, so I enjoy your adventures via your fun posts. And most welcome PHOTOS. Your boy is a fine photographer! Thanks for sharing this fun day with us. Oh yes, and for revealing how many of the ladies are related, etc. That was so fun to discover! :) Have a wonderful day!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sarah! Your wonderful compliment totally made my day! This was truly an awesome day! You sound like me when trying to decide which dress I like best! All the eras and silhouettes are so fabulous! Thank you for the compliment on my 30s dress. It was a real stretch to wear! I used to being trussed up a whole lot more. Well, if you lived nearby it would be fun to have you play along! I think it's so fun that the ladies in our group are so related! It makes it even better!
      Blessings!
      g

      Delete
  2. Love this post! Totally amazing, that you collect every dresses up to 10 years. Great comparitive :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Fallka! I have been sewing dresses for my fashion shows 14 years, so it's so fun to have models who can wear them!
      Blessings!
      g

      Delete
  3. Really well done photos, wonderful job Colton! The "7s" is such a clever idea! Another fantastic show in the books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much my friend! Yes, that boy of mine does a great job! I thought the "7s" was a pretty cool idea! Thank you Lord for that one!
      Blessings!
      g

      Delete
  4. So many fabulous outfits there I recognize! Great pictures, as ever - you're very lucky to have such a good photographer to hand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much BT! Yes, my Colton does great work and is really fun to have around these events!
      Blessings!
      g

      Delete
  5. What a cool event! Such fun to see the fashions jump forward by decade. All of the models look so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a super fun event to be a part of! The models were so wonderful, had fun and did look fabulous!!
      Blessings!
      g

      Delete