To all who mourn in Israel, He will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair. In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks that the LORD has planted for his own glory. Isaiah 61:3

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award!

Blog awards are so fun for be to receive!  Wanna know why?  Because I can then pass them on to other bloggers!  The only problem I have with the rules is that most of them say you can only choose a certain amount to pass it on to.  I want to pass them on to all the bloggers in my "watch" list!!!  But...I know that most of the bloggers that I pass this on to will in their turn, pass it on to other bloggers!  I just wrote blog a lot and it's starting to look weird!

Ok, so I was awarded this "Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award" by the very talented and lovely Anneliese of The Young Sewphisticate!  Thank you Anneliese!  You are such a sweet lady!


Ok, so now I have to follow the rules...which I am so not good at doing!  hahahahaha!!!

1.  Thank you Anneliese!

2.  Award logo has been added to my blog!

3.  I will be answering the 10 questions below!!

4.  I will make up 10 questions of my own for my giftees to answer!

5.  I will award the blogs I love!!

Ok, I am being naughty here and going out of order....

Blogs I want to award!!

1.  Melly from Dentelle et Satin
2.  Breanna from Mothball Fleet
3.  Emily from Emily's Vintage Visions
4.  Nora from The Shadow of My Hand
5.  Tara from A Lass of Yesteryear
7.  Lily from Mode de Lis
8.  Bonita from Lavender and Twill
9.  Crystal from Adventures in Bias Tape
10.  BT from Black Tulip Sewing
11.  Vivien from Fresh Frippery
12.  Ms. Nelly from Kostiumi Ms. Nelly
13.  Josie from Josephine Gypsy
14.  Kat from Madame Modiste

There are so many others, but I think I should stick with 12.....no wait....14...I had to add 2 more!!


Now for Anneliese's questions!!

Why did you begin blogging?
I began blogging as a way to document my dresses/outfits and to show other costumers/sewers that if I can do it, so can you!!  Also, it's fun to take the pictures!!

Who or what sparked your interest in costuming?
My Great-Grandma Hazel Prudence Palmer Chriswisser did when I was very young...like around 6 or 7.  She would give me things from her childhood or pieces of her clothing from when she was older.  This started my LOVE of all things antique and Victorian!

What do you find more exciting: the designing or the sewing process for your costumes? 
The sewing and construction process of costuming makes my head hurt, so I LOVE the designing process!!

What is your all-time favorite period drama?
Can I choose 10?  I think my all time favorite right now as I write this is North and South.  Love the dresses that Margaret wears and love the ache you see in John's face when he looks longingly at Margaret!  Yes, I am that sappy....

If you could travel anywhere in the world for a week (all expenses paid), where would you go?
I know that everyone says Europe or some tropical Island, but I want to explore my country.  I would LOVE to go back East and experience where my country came into being!

If you could have a conversation with anyone from the past, who would you choose & what would you ask them?
One of the disciples of Jesus.  What was it like being around the one who is the Son of God!  Too many questions to ask I'm afraid!

Which do you prefer more: mornings or evenings?  Why? 
I prefer evenings as it is cooling off and I am coming awake!

What accomplishment(s) in the past year made you the proudest?
Getting through all the things that I committed myself to without exploding....or imploding.  

What do you hope to accomplish this year?
Being able to homeschool my 13 year old with success!

What is on your sewing wish list? 
An 1890s mourning dress, an 1890s walking suit, a 1920s sailor dress, an 1840s mourning dress in the fashion of Jane Eyre.  Lots more!!!

Ok now for my questions!!!

1.  What do you watch/listen to while sewing?

2.  What costume/outfit has filled you with them most sense of accomplishment and joy?

3.  What is your favorite fabric/trim/embelishment to work with when making an outfit?

4.  Do you take a lunch/food break while sewing or sew right on through the hunger?

5.  Would you rather read something Sci-Fi or a historical/classics novel?

6.  When going out to eat at a restaurant, do you like to sit outside in the fresh air or inside the restaurant?

7.  What has been your most favorite historical place to visit?

8.  What fills you with awe and wonder when you gaze upon it and why?

9.  If you could take a time machine and visit a certain time, what era/eras would those be?

10.  Do you prefer to go barefoot or shod on the cool summer grass?  Have you ever noticed that no matter how hot it is, that grass is always cool?

Ok!!  There you go!  Some of the questions are seriously random and me...have fun!!


Be blessed my friends!!

g


14 comments:

  1. Wait. Wait. Whut? You do all this and homeschool at the same time? No wonder you had to start saying no.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tracey! Yes...I am a stay at home mom who also homeschools her boys...ok, not the oldest as he has far surpassed my knowledge level where math and science are concerned, but yes! I have them at home!! Hahahaha...yes, starting to say no!
      Blessings!
      g

      Delete
  2. Good morning Gina and congrats on your award :-D.
    What fun questions and great answers, but I must know...please. Would your favorite version of North and South be the one with Richard Armitage? I watched that series about two years ago and when it had finished I wanted to start it over again. Such a visual feast!
    I think I would want to meet Peter as I can often relate to his "open foot insert mouth" personality. And yet I sometimes wonder had I lived then would I have recognized Him or been one of the scoffers? Things to think about.
    Have a lovely day!!
    Cori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Cori and thank you!
      Oh yes...the one with Richard Armitage in it! My fabulous husband got me the boxed DVD set with North and South, Cranford and Wives and Daughters for my birthday last year and I was thrilled!
      Yes, I agree with Peter and his "open mouth insert foot" capability!! He was so very human and even with that Jesus made him the rock!!! I too wonder if I would be a believer or a scoffer...I am just so happy I know Him now!!!
      Blessings to you!
      g

      Delete
    2. What a wonderful husband you must have! For the life of me I can't get mine to watch Cranford, which is just baffling. His two favorite movies are Sense and Sensibility and Pride and Predjudice. He loved North and South, but Cranford...he won't even give it a chance, lol!

      Delete
    3. That is so interesting especially since he likes the other movies! My husband finds Cranford to be seriously funny, with all the twittering and craziness of the old ladies!! Maybe come at it from a comedy perspective!!

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much! What an honor!!
    By the way, I fixed the link for my recent post.
    -Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome and Huzzah for the link being fixed!!! Now I can go drool!
      blessings!
      g

      Delete
  4. Hello, Gina! I loved reading both your answers & your questions!! I totally agree with you - the designing process is soo much fun and you, for sure, have mastered it. I'm in love with all of your creations and I can't wait to see you bring your costume wish list to life!! Thank you for inspiring me, Anneliese :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Anneliese! For me, this whole costuming thing is just my way of being happy! Creating the dresses and things I truly brings me great joy. And it gives me a little bit of "me" time in a house full of men! hahahahaha!!! And of course since I wrote my post about the 1916 sailor dress, my to do list has totally changed!!!
      Blessings!
      g

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for this award Gina, it's an honor to receive it. :) I enjoyed reading your answers. ❤

    xox,
    bonita of Lavender & Twill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome and thanks!!
      Blessings!
      g

      Delete
  6. Hi! This is my first comment, I've been checking on your blog for awhile now every now and then... and I learned that you have quite a lot of sailor suits from evry period so far...which leads me to ask - Do you live somewhere close to sea? :) Your dresses are great, and it's always fun to read your articles too :) Carry on with this great hobby of yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Melinda! Thank you for your comment! Huzzah! The funny thing about my obsession with sailor dresses is this...I live in the Boise, Idaho area. That means the nearest ocean to me is roughly 510 miles. I do have some very lovely rivers, lakes and ponds at my "disposal" here, but the sea is very far away. I can't explain my love of the sailor dresses, but I do love them so very much! Maybe it's a yearning for the sea or big water? I don't know...
      Thank you so very much for your lovely compliments!
      Blessings!
      g

      Delete