Blog awards are so fun for be to receive! Wanna know why? Because I can then pass them on to other bloggers! The only problem I have with the rules is that most of them say you can only choose a certain amount to pass it on to. I want to pass them on to all the bloggers in my "watch" list!!! But...I know that most of the bloggers that I pass this on to will in their turn, pass it on to other bloggers! I just wrote blog a lot and it's starting to look weird!
Ok, so I was awarded this "Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award" by the very talented and lovely Anneliese of The Young Sewphisticate! Thank you Anneliese! You are such a sweet lady!
Ok, so now I have to follow the rules...which I am so not good at doing! hahahahaha!!!
1. Thank you Anneliese!
2. Award logo has been added to my blog!
3. I will be answering the 10 questions below!!
4. I will make up 10 questions of my own for my giftees to answer!
5. I will award the blogs I love!!
Ok, I am being naughty here and going out of order....
Blogs I want to award!!
1. Melly from Dentelle et Satin
2. Breanna from Mothball Fleet
3. Emily from Emily's Vintage Visions
4. Nora from The Shadow of My Hand
5. Tara from A Lass of Yesteryear
6. Val from Time Traveling in Costume
7. Lily from Mode de Lis
8. Bonita from Lavender and Twill
9. Crystal from Adventures in Bias Tape
10. BT from Black Tulip Sewing
11. Vivien from Fresh Frippery
12. Ms. Nelly from Kostiumi Ms. Nelly
13. Josie from Josephine Gypsy
14. Kat from Madame Modiste
There are so many others, but I think I should stick with 12.....no wait....14...I had to add 2 more!!
Now for Anneliese's questions!!
Why did you begin blogging?
I began blogging as a way to document my dresses/outfits and to show other costumers/sewers that if I can do it, so can you!! Also, it's fun to take the pictures!!
Who or what sparked your interest in costuming?
My Great-Grandma Hazel Prudence Palmer Chriswisser did when I was very young...like around 6 or 7. She would give me things from her childhood or pieces of her clothing from when she was older. This started my LOVE of all things antique and Victorian!
What do you find more exciting: the designing or the sewing process for your costumes?
The sewing and construction process of costuming makes my head hurt, so I LOVE the designing process!!
What is your all-time favorite period drama?
Can I choose 10? I think my all time favorite right now as I write this is North and South. Love the dresses that Margaret wears and love the ache you see in John's face when he looks longingly at Margaret! Yes, I am that sappy....
If you could travel anywhere in the world for a week (all expenses paid), where would you go?
I know that everyone says Europe or some tropical Island, but I want to explore my country. I would LOVE to go back East and experience where my country came into being!
If you could have a conversation with anyone from the past, who would you choose & what would you ask them?
One of the disciples of Jesus. What was it like being around the one who is the Son of God! Too many questions to ask I'm afraid!
Which do you prefer more: mornings or evenings? Why?
I prefer evenings as it is cooling off and I am coming awake!
What accomplishment(s) in the past year made you the proudest?
Getting through all the things that I committed myself to without exploding....or imploding.
What do you hope to accomplish this year?
Being able to homeschool my 13 year old with success!
What is on your sewing wish list?
An 1890s mourning dress, an 1890s walking suit, a 1920s sailor dress, an 1840s mourning dress in the fashion of Jane Eyre. Lots more!!!
Ok now for my questions!!!
1. What do you watch/listen to while sewing?
2. What costume/outfit has filled you with them most sense of accomplishment and joy?
3. What is your favorite fabric/trim/embelishment to work with when making an outfit?
4. Do you take a lunch/food break while sewing or sew right on through the hunger?
5. Would you rather read something Sci-Fi or a historical/classics novel?
6. When going out to eat at a restaurant, do you like to sit outside in the fresh air or inside the restaurant?
7. What has been your most favorite historical place to visit?
8. What fills you with awe and wonder when you gaze upon it and why?
9. If you could take a time machine and visit a certain time, what era/eras would those be?
10. Do you prefer to go barefoot or shod on the cool summer grass? Have you ever noticed that no matter how hot it is, that grass is always cool?
Ok!! There you go! Some of the questions are seriously random and me...have fun!!
Be blessed my friends!!