To all who mourn in Israel, He will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair. In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks that the LORD has planted for his own glory. Isaiah 61:3

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Costume College: Friday Day, A Dress From A Movie

Yeah!  I got to wear my Lizzie Bennet wedding dress Friday day.  Oh my heavens was in comfortable!  I think that Regency is my new favorite era!  I didn't feel mooshed into a corset because my stays were not tied very tight!  Huzzah!!  It was also very fun doing my hair all curly like around my face.  I felt that it really softened the lines between my face and hair.  Anther fun aspect of this era...no tight buns or itchy wig!  Hahahahaha!!!

I took a lot of pictures of other costumers Friday day.  There are waaaay to many to post here so I would like to share my Facebook Friday Day album with you!

Josie was so good in putting up with my posing for pictures!  I had studied fashion plates and paintings from the Regency era and tried my best to look like the ladies of then!



Fun curly hair!


My puffy backside...we'll just pretend there was a little bum pad back there. ;-)


Huzzah for fun pom-poms on flat, comfy shoes!


Wedgie picture!  Hahahaha!  Too funny...


Oh what fun!  I am now a part of the Regency Ladies Wedgie Society...thank you Jennifer from Festive Attyre!!  Too fun!




Several fashion plates showed one lady from the front and one from the back.  What a great way to show both sides of the dress! 


I love this picture!  Looks like a Jane Austen scene to me!

Be blessed my friends!

g

12 comments:

  1. I love this! You guys look great!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emily! I LOVE this time period! I wish someone would have told me how utterly comfortable it is! I would have started wearing it a loooong time ago!
      Blessings!
      g

      Delete
  2. This looks lovely. Good to see a wedgie pic sneaking in amid all the elegance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! YES!! Well, Jennifer from Festive Attyre has a Wedgie Society that I had to be a part of! Now I can!
      Thank you!
      Blessings!
      g

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! The bonnet, the shoes, the reticule, your entire ensemble - just so perfect!!! I love seeing you put everything together - can't wait to see what's next (especially if it's your to die for 1830s dress)!

    Anneliese :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much Anneliese!! This was a super fun project as I got to play around with all the bits and pieces! The 1830s dress is up next and I just posted it! I loved that outfit as well! Accessories always make me happy!
      Blessings!
      g

      Delete
  4. Love the idea of reenacting the fashion plates, looks awesome and authentic. And even your cross looks similar to the one Lizzie wore! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eleonora! I try to make the posing of pictures more interesting than just standing or sitting and since I am interpreting an era of fashion, it's fun to represent that era in pose as well!
      Blessings!
      g

      Delete
  5. both you and your friend made the Regency look - look AMAZING.. i admired both of you in your lovelies :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much CometKatt! This was our first ever venture into the Regency era, so your compliment is much appreciated!
      Blessings!
      g

      Delete
  6. That's wonderful. It looks excactly as in the movie. I love all the details that you've payed attention to - the beautiful reticule, the shoes and, above all, the bonnet!
    Keep it up :)
    Olga

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely compliments Olga! I must admit I really like my bonnet. It makes me so happy! And this era is such a fun and comfortable one!
      Blessings!
      g

      Delete