I finally got the nerve up to start covering my Lizzy Bennet bonnet with the fabulous silk tulle. Can I just say that silk tulle is sooooooo NOT like polyester tulle! It is sticky...like clingy sticky...which is a really weird sensation to work with! But, I carried on and bot it covered!
I also worked on the orange blossom circlet that goes around the base of the crown. Originally, I was going to get some reproduction orange blossoms from Lacis, but remembered I had two small antique orange blossom corsages in my wedding collection. I took apard and used them to make the circlet. I also waxed some small antique leaves to add to the mix because I didn't have enough of the orange leaves. It was rather easy. I just melted a white candle in a double boiler and dipped them! I may do some more for a future project!
|Tulle sewn down at crown base and pinned and ready to sew at crown tip! I am loving the airy feel of this fabulous tulle!|
|Wonderfully sweet waxed orange blossom corsages...|
|Another view in different lighting....|
|Disassembled corsages and waxed leaves|
|Using several screen caps from the movie, I made the circled as close the the original as I could...|
|I adore waxed orange blossoms! They are one of my favorite things about Victorian weddings!|
|I think if I had an orange tree, I would wax orange blossoms all the time!!|
Tuesday I finished sewing the tulle onto the frame and made the silk top for the crown on the hat and put on the flower circlet. I now just need to find some 4" wide lace for the under brim and I will be done with the wedding bonnet! I cannot wait!