To all who mourn in Israel, He will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair. In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks that the LORD has planted for his own glory. Isaiah 61:3

Friday, December 28, 2012

2012 Year in Review...Dresses..

And lastly, here we are at dresses.  Not many were made this year as things happened and my list of "want to make" didn't get checked off quite like I had planned.  That's ok.  The good thing about what I do, is I can still make what I didn't get to this year!  Yeah!!!


1920s day frock


1912 Tea Suit


1912 Day Dress


1903 Sailor Suit


1903 Sailor Suit


1903 Girls Sailor Dress


1903 Girls Sailor Dress


Teens Era Masquerade Gown....the goddess Demeter


1910 wool winter suit.

Well, this year is done, sewing wise.  I must say that I enjoyed when each project was over, the dress/hat/underwear was worn, the event was attended and the fun was had!  The ending of every project just means the beginning of a new one for me.  More planning, researching, finding the "just right" fabric and trim, sewing, fitting, and finally wearing.  That is what is so fun!  This is a way of doing things that doesn't need to end when the last seam has been sewn!

Bring on 2013!!!!

4 comments:

  1. WOW!! You have been quite busy this last year! Beautiful dresses and hats and everything... :-)
    And yes: Bring on 2013!!!
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much Eva! I cannot wait for what the next year will bring! It will be fun whatever comes!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so very much! I greatly appreciate your lovely compliment!
      Blessings!
      g

      Delete