To all who mourn in Israel, He will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair. In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks that the LORD has planted for his own glory. Isaiah 61:3

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Hand Made Flowers for a Hat...

In doing my research for 1920s cloches, I notices that the adornment on hats had changed along with the dress fashion.  It was considerable less and not as "fluffy".  Thus the reason for making my own leaves and flowers of the fabrics I used on my dress.  I also chose to adhere the flowers/leaves to the hat via silk pins.  This way, they can be removed if I ever make a plain ivory dress or wish to use different flowers on the hat. 



For the large dark teal flower, I just gathered the strip of folded and zig-zagged fabric, circled it into the semblance of a cabbage rose, ironed the snot out of it and then beaded it.




No comments:

Post a Comment