To all who mourn in Israel, He will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair. In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks that the LORD has planted for his own glory. Isaiah 61:3

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Craziness Strikes Again!

It's not like I need another petticoat.  I have quite a few actually.  And it's not like I need another Princess Petticoat.  I made one last month.  But I saw this one from the Met Museum and my psychosis reared its crazy head. 



 I mean, of course I have hours in my day to devote to pin tucks and insertion lace.  Who doesn't?  UGH!!!!  But, I couldn't sleep, I couldn't eat, I had waking visions of this glorious confections while vacuuming and I began day dreaming about it's loveliness while making pot roast.  So, here I am again....making underwear.



             Today I was able to cut out the petticoat (Simplicity 7157), but moved the opening to the back...



                                                                  ...and completed the front panel....

No comments:

Post a Comment