To all who mourn in Israel, He will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair. In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks that the LORD has planted for his own glory. Isaiah 61:3

Monday, April 23, 2012

1920s Corselet....Part 3


Just a real quick update...then it is back to folding laundry.  This morning I finished the boning, bound the top and bottom with ivory dupioni silk, and discovered again why I love thrift shops.  A while ago, I bought an ivory chiffon scarf for .99.  I used half of it as the backing for an antique lace vestee and had quite a bit still laying about.  I had that light bulb moment while sitting at my sewing machine, grouching about not being able to find a nice chiffon here in the valley.  Huzzah!!  I remembered the scarf!  Ha!!  So the ruffle on the bottom and the ruching up top are from my scarf!  Gosh, I LOVE thrift shops!!!  Anyhoo, now I do need to make a trip to JoAnn's or Hobby Lobby to find a nice flowery/viney trim to finish it off!!  Oh Yes!!!  And you can't see them, but I did attach the garters as well!!!  Hahahahaha!!!  Oh today has been such a fun and satisfying sewing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment