To all who mourn in Israel, He will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair. In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks that the LORD has planted for his own glory. Isaiah 61:3

Friday, January 20, 2012

Time to Make Something Fab Out of Something Drab! (ohmygosh, that totally rhymed!)




Ok, so sometimes after I create a dress I don't get that wonderful feeling of, "ohmygosh, ohmygosh, ohmygosh...Greg!!! Look, look, look!!!" I just sort of gaze upon the creation with a "ho-hum...wow a dress" look on my face and wear it anyway, because the Steampunk World's Fair is next week and I need one last dress. Then, not quite a year later, I go out thrifting and low and behold, there in the midst of a pile of muddy, scuffed, and rather disappointing cast offs, proudly sits a pair of pumps the exact, and I mean EXACT same color of plum/eggplant purple shoes that I needed last year to go with the mediocre dress!!! Amid the murmurings of my sweet husband...something along the lines of, "You are getting more play shoes? Why?", I purchase said shoes while making a valiant attempt to not vibrate out of my skin from pure excitement!!! I bring the new shoes home with almost the same reverence as I did in bringing my sweet new born babies from the hospital...ok, not really, but some of you know that feeling...and promptly set them next to the ho-hum dress....OHMYHOLYGOODNESS!!! I kid you not when I say they match EXACTLY. It is almost as if the shoes were dyed on the same day, in the same dyeing vat, with the exact same dye as the taffeta and velvet!!! Weird. You know, I think that sometimes God truly enjoys leaving these little treasures out for this little girl of His to find. And I can imagine the delight He feels in His heart when I get excited over it! What a Cool Father!
Well, ok, so this post was actually supposed to be about the hat that I made to match the dress that I haven't made yet that matches the perfect shoes...well, I am just going to post the shoes and the fabrics and color meshing inspiration and then I'll create another post about the hat!!! hahahahaha...gotcha!

1 comment:

  1. OK, first of all NOTHING you make is mediocre, you big noodle! Second, I smiled with understanding at your description of vibrating with excitement as you carry your new accessories to the counter...I've totally done that. I actually tell myself, "OK, calm down and act natural!" Whoa, they do totally match! I need a thrifting fairy god mother like you have!

    ReplyDelete