To all who mourn in Israel, He will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair. In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks that the LORD has planted for his own glory. Isaiah 61:3

Thursday, February 21, 2013

1863 Dress Project: Bodice Mock Up

Ok, this is just the weirdest thing.  This has never happened to me.  I think that I should go out and buy a lottery ticket.  My muslin mock that I made for my 1863 dress FIT!  Seriously.  Usually I have to tweek a shoulder seam here, nip the dart at the waist there, elongate the waist line, do SOMETHING...this time, I did nothing.  Nothing!!!  It was the weirdest thing.  I just don't know what to think...but Yeah! Anyhoo, here are pictures of the bodice mock up....


It fits Emma sort of nicely.  She has a waaaay longer waist than I do...



On me...I hate taking pictures of myself....But I tried to not look too ridiculous!!


Wow!  I still cannot bet over how well it is working!  


Can't wait to make the real bodice and add boning.....


The pattern that totally fit on the first mock up!!!  Huzzah Simplicity!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment