To all who mourn in Israel, He will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair. In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks that the LORD has planted for his own glory. Isaiah 61:3

Friday, October 12, 2012

Alchemy in Patterns...Or, Combining Two Patterns to Get the Look I Want!

Ok, maybe Alchemy is the wrong word, but I liked how it sounded!  Anyhoo, while studying the bodice of the original wool suit, I noticed that the side front seams disappeared into the armscye.  Weeeeeeel, the Rockinghorse Farm pattern is not that way.  The side front seams go all the way to the shoulder seams....poop.  So, what did I do?  Did I draft my own pattern pieces with the confidence of those ever so lucky to have that incredible talent?  NOOOOOOOO!!!  I invaded my stash of patterns in a frenzied search to find a pattern whose side front seams disappeared into the armscye!!  And thank the Lord!!  I found one!!!


Original!


Rockinghorse Farms Pattern....Beautiful, but wrong side front seams....


Vogue to my rescue!!!  laaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!  So, now to bend it to my will!!!  (insert evil cackling laughter here.....)

No comments:

Post a Comment