To all who mourn in Israel, He will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair. In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks that the LORD has planted for his own glory. Isaiah 61:3

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Lizzie's Sailor is Done!!!

Finally!  Lizzie's Sailor Suit is done!  Huzzah!!!  I think it turned out really well!  She was so cute when I was trying it on her before deeming it acceptable to finish.  The girls are going to look so adorable on Saturday!  And for a special surprise, Mom is making dresses for little china dolls I found, of course, at The Idaho Youth Ranch.  And wouldn't you know it?  There was also a pattern for a doll dress the exact same style of the dresses I made for the girls?  Way too cool!  I can't wait to see the dollies in their sailor suits!  They are blond with green eyes for Gracie, and blond with blue for Liz!


Completed dress for a 5 year old!


I decided that Lizzie's dress needed a sailor collar like the rest of ours, so I patterned it instead after the pink one at the top of this fashion plate found on Wikipedia!  So cute!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment