To all who mourn in Israel, He will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair. In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks that the LORD has planted for his own glory. Isaiah 61:3

Monday, July 23, 2012

Miss Gracie's Sailor Suit So Far

I had forgotten how fun it was to sew miniature dresses for little ladies!  My niece Gracie is getting a 1903 sailor suit that will resemble mine.  

Here is the inspiration plate.  The little girl on the right on the blue on blue stripe.  Notice the stripe around the collar?  I believe that I am just going to top stitch 3 blue lines instead of a strip of fabric.  


Gracie's dress so far.  I really am liking the blue on blue fabric...which if you will remember came from a new sheet found at Goodwill!!  Huzzah!!!


Side view!  Tomorrow, I get to watch Gracie and Lizzie.  I am going to be fitting the dress to Gracie and re-sizing Lizzie's pattern....This is so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment