To all who mourn in Israel, He will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair. In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks that the LORD has planted for his own glory. Isaiah 61:3

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Beautiful Underwear!






Yes, I love Victorian and Edwardian underthings!!! The corsets, the petticoats, the drawers! So beautiful and lacey!! Well, for my new teens dresses, I am needing a new suite of unmentionables! Yeah!! Ha! I love making them!! I decided to settle on a combination petticoat and corset cover called a Princess Petticoat and the wide legged drawers known as French Drawers. For the Princess Petticoat, I chose to use Simplicity's 7157, Vintage Closet Undergarments Pattern. For the drawers, I decided on Past Patterns' #117 French Drawers. http://www.pastpatterns.com/108.html Both patterns went together wonderfully! I had some vintage petticoat flounce that I sewed onto the petticoat and made my own flounce for the drawers using vintage insertion lace. It was actually quite fun! Now I just need a corset and I'll be finished with my lovely underwear!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment