To all who mourn in Israel, He will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair. In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks that the LORD has planted for his own glory. Isaiah 61:3

Sunday, April 22, 2012

1920s Corselet...Part 2


Ok, so I did a not so smart thing, but thankfully it worked anyway.  Despite NOT adding 1/2 seam allowance to the pattern (I am sooooo not good at reading directions all the way to the end  ;-)) and not making a mock, my corselet is working just fine.  It has gone together so wonderfully!  Easiest pattern I have used to date.  I plan on experimenting more with the boning...I will be using quite a bit more for the 20s look than they would have used in the 50s.


Side closure where my homemade hook and eye tape is!  Yeah!!!



I added lacing up the back as they were still employing that form of cinching in that era.  Of course this Emma mannequin isn't padded like I am in the hip area!  Hahahahahah!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment