Ok, so I did a not so smart thing, but thankfully it worked anyway. Despite NOT adding 1/2 seam allowance to the pattern (I am sooooo not good at reading directions all the way to the end ;-)) and not making a mock, my corselet is working just fine. It has gone together so wonderfully! Easiest pattern I have used to date. I plan on experimenting more with the boning...I will be using quite a bit more for the 20s look than they would have used in the 50s.
Side closure where my homemade hook and eye tape is! Yeah!!!
I added lacing up the back as they were still employing that form of cinching in that era. Of course this Emma mannequin isn't padded like I am in the hip area! Hahahahahah!!!!
Post a Comment