To all who mourn in Israel, He will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair. In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks that the LORD has planted for his own glory. Isaiah 61:3

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Red and White Loveliness



                                                       Iowa State University Library




                                                                   Kyoto Museum



                                                           Historical Fashion tumble



Hats from History tumblr


Here are some of the images that I am wanting to base my "Regency Window Treatment" dress on. I love the contrast of the red and white. And happily, I have a large (though not as grandiose as the one in the fashion plate above) ermine muff! This is going to be fun!!!

2 comments:

  1. I adore this era and this red and whilte will be smashing! I love that you are using drapes! Your the Gone with the Wind of Jane Austin...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha!!! Just call me Miz Scarlet!

    ReplyDelete