To all who mourn in Israel, He will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair. In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks that the LORD has planted for his own glory. Isaiah 61:3

Monday, February 25, 2013

1863 Dress Project: Hat Completed!!!

And here she is!  My 1860s not bonnet hat!  I am pretty happy with how it turned out.  I chose to cover it in the cotton velvet that I used on the dress.  I ruched the brim and draped the crown and crown top, and of course forgot to take pictures of that...ggggggrrrrrr.....


I dipped the front of the brim down as I had seen on several photographic images from the 1860s.  Antique black ostrich feathers facing back to front were sewn on....


Two beaded appliques that I have had forever were used to give it that extra little pizzazz!


I found this striped ribbon in my ribbon stash that I have had for about 10 years and totally forgot I had!  I matches the dress perfectly!  The picture makes it really ugly, but in real life it is quite lovely!


I like the look of the ruching on the brim here....

I sooooo cannot wait to wear this with my dress.  I wore it quite a while last night after I had made it.  It looked fabulous with my "I am sick and don't care what I look like" jammies!  hahahaha!!!

Now ALL I have left for this project is to make the under sleeves for the dress!  Huzzah!!




2 comments: