To all who mourn in Israel, He will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair. In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks that the LORD has planted for his own glory. Isaiah 61:3

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Time Out For A Halloween Costume!

Ohmygosh!  I cannot believe how utterly busy I have been as of late!  I think I may have served myself a little too many things upon my plate.  So, I will start off again by sharing the costume I made for my Colton.  He informed me a few months ago that he wished to be Connor from Assassin's Creed III.  Ok.  Right-o.  Guess what?  There are no costume patterns for Assassin's Creed costumes!  Yeah!  So, I used a Simplicity pattern and mutated it until it looked like Connor's coat.  Then I found the most awesome DIY Assassin's Creed hood tutorial of the web!!  Hooray!!!  


So, with time to spare and a great length of deer hide from a wonderful friend Chante, Colton was ready to be Connor!!  He loved his costume and I loved the fact that Mom was the hero of the hour!!!  Laaaaaaaaa!!!!










I love this picture!  We couldn't find a tomahawk in time for Halloween, so Colton found a piece of rusty hardware laying around the farm to use instead!!

No comments:

Post a Comment