To all who mourn in Israel, He will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair. In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks that the LORD has planted for his own glory. Isaiah 61:3

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Grecian Lady...More!!!

Ok, so after my late afternoon post, here is what I accomplished.  I am really getting excited about this dress!  I can't wait to wear it somewhere.  It will probably end up being my Halloween costume...


Ok, close-up of bodice.  I am really pleased with this....


Not so fond of the back as it is super asymmetrical.  I only had so much of the blue fabric as I got is at Savers and have to be super sparing.   


All of the blue and gold fabric has been draped.  Need to attach sleeves and find some gold ribbon for the strappy things.  Also, need to procure a fabulous oval buckle for the sash along with a tassel for the side drape.  In the original there were pointed drapes on both sides of the over skirt and the under skirt was really draped.  Again, I couldn't accomplish this look as there just wasn't enough fabric... :-(  But I do like how this is coming along.

No comments:

Post a Comment