To all who mourn in Israel, He will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair. In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks that the LORD has planted for his own glory. Isaiah 61:3

Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Great Gatsby Picnic at the Lakefront Lavender Farms

OHMYGOSH!!!  What a wonderful day!  This event was entirely too much fun!  The weather was wonderful.  The dresses were fabulous.  The food was delicious. The company was delightful!  I can't wait for this event to roll around next year!  Mama was so upset that she couldn't attend.  After she saw my pictures she informed me most emphatically that "Next year, I AM GOING!!!"  I just cannot say enough how delightful this day was!!


Josie Smith and Emily Smith in fabulous Robe de Style dresses that were made popular by Jeanne Lanvin in the 1920s.  Josie did a fabulous job making them!


Emily, me, Josie, Tamara Tingler, and Tammy Eliasen...Tamara was in a lovely green sheath dress and Tammy made her beautiful frock using the one hour dress pattern from etsy....


I am not 100% sure that this is the one she used, but there are several to choose from off of etsy.  She said it was so incredibly simple!  It turned out fabulously!  I am going to be acquiring this one!



Enjoying a picnic lunch!


Our lunch.  mmmmm....it was super nummy!


A group of ladies and their fine gentlemen brought their lovely wicker furniture, cigar humidor, portable Victrola, and a great canopy!   Their area was so very elegant and just sang of an era gone by!  This lovely lady was named Carole!


I had Josie take this photo to show my seamed stockings!  This outfit was so very fun to wear!!!  So cool and non constricting like my Victorian outfits!!!  *sigh*


Here is another view of the wonderful seating area!  Notice the potted plant in a wicker plant stand and the camera!!  AWESOME!!!!


One of the best parts of this event were the vintage cars!  We had the pleasure of sitting in the rumble seat of this one!!  So much fun!!!


I believe this was a model A Ford Pick-up!!  Wonderful!


Tammy with our Gracious Hostess, Suzanne!  

This day was entirely too much fun!


4 comments:

  1. Hello Gina. My best friend is getting married next month and is having a Gatsby themed High Tea for her hens party. In searching the internet for dress ideas I have come across your blog and just wanted to say how wonderful I think it is! I have followed the link you added here and next I will be searching through Etsy for pattern. Thank you so much. Joanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there Joanne!

    Oh what a fun thing to have a Great Gatsby High Tea!! I want to come!!! Thank you for for you wonderful compliment on my blog! I try to make it a fun and pleasing place to be! I hope that you find what you are looking for and that you and your best friend have a fabulous party!!!

    Blessings!!

    g

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is so beautiful! I wish I have friends who also love the olden days...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello M!
      It is truly a fun thing to have friends who are crazy about times past! I hope you find others who enjoy the olden days!
      Blessings!
      g

      Delete