To all who mourn in Israel, He will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair. In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks that the LORD has planted for his own glory. Isaiah 61:3

Thursday, May 17, 2012

New Outfits!!!

Sailor Suits!!!  I am so in love with them!  And...I get to make two!  One for my Mama and one for me!  A wonderful friend and her family are coming to Idaho for a family reunion, and while they are here we are going to do a bit of costuming!!!  Because it will be during the 4th of July holiday, I have chosen sailor suits in blue and ivory!!  I soooooooo cannot wait to wear them!!


Mom's dress will be patterned after the white and red one above from the 1903 Delineator, except hers will have blue where the red is...


This is the dress I have chosen for myself.  LOVE it!!


This wonderful hat is from the MET.  Wire and chiffon and lace!!  This is, hopefully, what our hats will resemble!


Heather at Truly Victorian has come out with fabulous Edwardian Era patterns.  Mom and I purchased the blouse...


and the skirt patterns today.  



And just for fun, because we already have the rest of the undergarments, I ordered this ruffled corset cover from Ageless Patterns.  Love it!!


I can't wait to get started on these fun dresses!!!  And again, there will be NO pleating!!!  hahahahahahaha!!!

1 comment:

  1. Lets hear it for the red white and blue! Too much fun!

    ReplyDelete